Today was GCSE results day! Today people were hoping for the grades that would get them into sixth form/college/work/an apprenticeship. Today made me think way past college, which is rare because I couldn’t even think about college at all, until a few months ago.
Today has made me think about what I want my life to be like, and what I want from it.
Most of the time, education plays a big role in how good an occupation someone has; how much money they earn, and their quality of life due to this. Sometimes it doesn’t. In no way am I disappointed with the grades I achieved, in fact for once I am proud and happy with myself for doing well. But after receiving 11 letters which apparently decide how well I do in life, I’m not thinking about how easily I will get into college or what I’ll do when I’m there. I’m now left inquisitive about my future after that; what I can do without those 11 CAPITAL letters, or what I can do with them. (If that makes no sense to you, don’t worry about it, I’m not 100% sure of what I’m thinking at the moment either). I currently have no clue of what I want to do with my life, but maybe now I can start figuring that out.
What plans do you have for your life? What would you love to do?
|Me when I was about 5 or 6! (Sorry about the quality.. it’s one of those photo’s of a photo) (this wasn’t actually originally taken in 2008)
So after seeing many of the “50 facts about me” and then the “25 facts about me” posts I decided to finally join in! Here are 25 facts about me, because it was hard enough to think of this many, let alone 50!
- I was born on the 30th of September 1996 but was meant to enter the world on the 18th.
- I have a weird obsession with mugs, duvet covers, and candles. I like mugs and end up buying lots when I have no room or no need for even 1 more.
- I have never been on a bus.
- My favourite type of food is Italian… or Chinese.
- I am starting college this year and I’m taking Photography, Media, Textiles, and Sociology.
- My mood can change instantly (this is definitely not a good thing!).
- I’ve only been abroad once (to Portugal) when I was very young.
- I’ve only had one operation in my life which was when I had my tonsils removed.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I’m always late. I was born late so I’ll just blame it on that.
- I have a scar on my forehead from when I ran into the side of an open door and cut my head open. Yes, that isn’t a mistake…it was actually open.
- I am one of the most clumsiest people you will meet. I have ruined the following by repeatedly knocking over the bottle of nailpolish remover: the freezer,the dashboard in the car, the dining table, the coffee table, the carpet, and the bathroom cabinet. I constantly spill drinks everywhere. I drop everything and seem to trip over nothing. I fell out of my back door and ended up with my elbow in a cast for a few weeks.
- My favourite film is The Holiday. I love most Cameron Diaz films in fact.
- If I find a new song I like, I will play it 24/7 until it annoys me and I no longer like it as much.
- I’ve only ever had one pet which is the one I have now – a cat called Oscar.
- My favourite thing to watch on TV is Hollyoaks.
- I prefer to watch Youtube videos than I do TV most of the time.
- I have a brother called George who is 5 years younger than me.
- I love to cook!
- I laugh most of the time and will find the unfunniest things funny!
- I won an award for the young volunteer of the year when I was 11.
- The first concert I ever went to was Peter Andre.
- I get addicted to things very easily.
- I drink green tea instead of normal tea.
- Going to the Paralympics in London last year was probably one of the best days of my life.